Sinter Claus ist hopfen.
Liegt er in den bopfen.
Kann ich Ihnen, helfen?
Das ist Sinter Klausen!
I decided to take my wife this time. It is August 2014. Our first time Westbound. We decided to visit our son in Los Angeles. We took the Missouri River Runner to Kansas City and then changed to the Southwest Chief with direct service to Los Angeles. A 42 hour trip in all, following the route of the Atchison Topeka and Santé Fe, with stops in Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Barstow and San Bernardino. The Missouri River Runner follows the Missouri river through Jefferson City, the state capital to Kansas City. Continue reading
I could only think of ten things about Germany that are German!
1. Germans are the second biggest beer consumers in the world after the Czechs!
2. Therefore, I need to mention that in Bavaria, beer is considered food.
3. The youngest billionaire in Germany is the German Prince Albert II von Thurn und Taxis right here in Regensburg!
4. At the moment, Germany is Europe’s strongest economy
5. There are 1,300 breweries in Germany with over 5,000 different variations of beer.
6. During WWI, Germany was the first country to start using Daylight Savings
7. Apparently, Germany was one of the last countries to ban smoking indoors in restaurants and the workplace because government officials were afraid to imitate Nazi officials who looked down upon smoking.
8. There is over 300 different kinds of bread
9. The Wittelbachs ruled Bavaria for 738 years
10. 65% of the Autobahn doesn’t have a speed limit
11. The world’s first Green party was established…
View original post 1,457 more words
The Oktoberfest takes place in a former meadow called the Wiesn. Wiesn means meadow in German.
Oktoberfest 2014 http://tinyurl.com/oubdtjs date accessed 10/5/14
http://www.pinakothek.de/en/neue-pinakothek date accessed 10/5/14